WHAT DO I DO?
When people ask me what I want to do and what I've done, the answer usually is dizzying and they immediately regret asking me, simply because I have a drive to be great at everything I do.
It's been said that for one reason or another, employers frown upon someone who considers themselves a "jack of all trades". The term denotes someone who is just mediocre at their tasks and can do a few things "okay".
How boring would life be if you were only good at ONE thing? I take pride in the fact that my work history has been diverse and I genuinely excel at any task in front of me. I AM a jack of all trades, and mediocre has never been a word to describe me. I've acquired skills through many different industries and disciplines, which I am able to bring together and focus on a specific project or goal. I work well on a team as a supporting role and equally as well, as a leader when the time arises.
Forensic Multimedia Specialist (Vid Spec. II)
Respond to crime scenes and recover video from security systems. Use Windows and Apple operating systems to convert proprietary video formats recovered from security systems. Use non-linear editing systems to process a wide-range of digital multimedia formats for investigative purposes. Redact, obscure, and distort digital multimedia as it pertains to public disclosure RCW 42.56, external requests for duplication of records.
Research department databases to locate time sensitive in-car video, body worn camera, and holding cell requests for investigators and attorneys. Assist in the maintenance of in-car video systems of a 300 patrol car fleet as well as police precinct security systems. Adhere to Department Policy & Procedures when handling evidentiary video and provide courtroom testimony in legal matters.
Work in a team environment to direct and oversee studio and field productions, and independently develop scripts, edit and post-produce video productions. Operate video cameras, lights, sound mixers, microphones, and other video equipment. Collaborate with other units and community members to advise, create, and develop both internal informational/training videos and external community outreach videos.
Freelance Videographer / Steadicam Operator
- On-field Steadicam operator for the Seattle Seahawks, along with shooting and editing other miscellaneous video projects.
Digital Media Intern
- Shoot live events and interviews to capture, log, edit, encode, and deliver live and daily content using NFL and MLS CMS systems for Seahawks.com SoundersFC.com, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Create motion graphics in After Effects for new segments for on-going web based shows. Utilize software including, but not limited to, WireCast, Final Cut Pro, Adobe: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Operate audio communications during Seahawks press conferences, WireCast for live streaming of press conferences and games for both teams.
- Given guidelines and raw video to produce fresh and exciting media used in the online promotion for both teams.
- Assist in Game Day Production
Intern / Equipment Manager
- Video editor, audio engineer, on-location set up and breakdown, telepromter, ensured equipment was well organized, managed, and available when simultaneous projects were scheduled.
- Video editor, motion graphics, setup and breakdown on-location, assisted with storyboarding and conceptualizing projects.
Top Recruit, my company, was founded to help high school athletes earn scholarships to college through online exposure. As my company I did the web development, event planning, graphic design, video production and market research. To find ways to reach the local demographic of athletes and increase the visibility of my website I used SEO, Google Ad Words, and designed and implemented PPC listings on Facebook and Google.